The Ausable River Association
Formed by the community and focused on our watershed since 1998, the Ausable River Association (AsRA) is the community's voice for the river.
- We're advocates for clean water, healthy stream and lake habitats, for brook trout and the myriad native species that depend on the river.
- AsRA’s programs protect the clean waters, healthy streams and lakes, and diverse native wildlife of the Ausable watershed and beyond.
- AsRA’s staff monitors the health of our waterways sharing what we learn with our community to better understand changes and find practical solutions.
- We restore streams, rebuilding their form and function, repairing erosion that threaten homes and businesses, and replacing culverts to reduce road damage and ensure fish passage.
- AsRA provides resources to anglers, paddlers, and other recreational users encouraging them to enjoy and steward our rivers, streams, lakes, and adjacent lands.
- We share our knowledge freely with young and old, landowners, municipal employees, and technical experts - through workshops, events, and one-on-one.
We work cooperatively with a wide array of organizational partners, often behind the scenes and far from the limelight. Like the river, we're the force connecting the diverse parts.
We dream big, plan carefully, and then get good work done. Join Us.
AsRA is a 501(c)3 non-profit incorporated in the State of New York.