Description: Beaver Meadow Falls is a 60-foot horsetail cascade waterfall located on the Ausable Mountain Reserve property in St. Huberts. The hike to the falls is a relatively easy walk along Lake Road with a final short, uphill trail to the falls. The falls are along Beaver Brook which is a tributary to the East Branch of the Ausable River. For those looking for a larger adventure, Beaver Meadow Falls and Rainbow Falls can be hiked in one longer day.
This hike is entirely on the private land of the Adirondack Mountain Reserve (AMR)/Ausable Club and requires a reservation to visit – please visit their website (hikeamr.org) to learn more about the AMR's restrictions and to make a reservation.
- Waterfall type: 60 ft free fall
- Total Distance: 6.5 miles
- Maximum elevation gain/loss: 750 ft
- Trail difficulty: Moderate
- Parking coordinates: 44.149725, -73.767958 Free permit needed May 1 – October 31.
- Pets are not permitted on trail.
Photo: John DiGiacomo