Description: At Indian Falls, Marcy Brook rushes over bedrock and falls nearly 20 feet to the stream below. The falls are located on the most popular trail up Mount Marcy and are often overlooked by hikers making their way to the top of NY's tallest peak but are worthy of a trip all their own. Perhaps the best part of these falls is the spectacular view of the MacIntyre Range from the top of the falls. This trail starts at the Adirondack Mountain Club's Heart Lake Property. After a mostly flat walk to Marcy Dam, the trail becomes more strenuous and steadily gains 1,600 feet in elevation to the falls.
- Waterfall type: 25 ft free fall
- Total Distance: 9 miles
- Maximum elevation gain/loss: 1,600 ft
- Trail difficulty: Difficult
- Parking coordinates: 44.183016, -73.964047
- Parking lot fee required year-round.
- Beautiful view of MacIntyre Range from top of falls.
Photo: Nancie Battaglia