Description: Monument Falls, whose monuments commemorate the 50th and 100th anniversary of the establishment of the Adirondack Park, is an iconic roadside destination beside Route 86 along the West Branch of the Ausable River between Lake Placid and Wilmington. This is a popular stop for both people looking to take in the views of the falls and of Whiteface and for fly fishermen. There are short, unmarked trails just upstream of the falls that you can explore if you wish to see more of the river. You can easily combine a stop here with a trip to the flume or numerous other hikes in the area.
- Waterfall type: 5 ft tall, long slide
- Total Distance: Roadside
- Maximum elevation gain/loss: Roadside
- Trail difficulty: Easy
- Parking coordinates: 44.310663, -73.915609
- Roadside waterfall with views of Whiteface Mountain.
- Monument Falls commemorates the 50th and 100th anniversary of Adirondack Park.
- Porta John – May thru Mid-October.
Photo: Johnathan Esper