Description: Rocky Falls is a smaller, but beautiful split stream waterfall located near Heart Lake outside of Lake Placid. The trail starts at the Adirondack Mountain Club's Heart Lake Property and continues along mostly flat, gently rolling terrain to the falls. Once at the falls, you can continue along the trail 0.1 miles to a lean-to located on the opposite side of Indian Pass Brook which is the brook that flows over Rocky Falls. This is great place to stop to have lunch or a snack before returning to Heart Lake.
- Waterfall type: 8 ft free fall/slide
- Total Distance: 4.5 miles
- Maximum elevation gain/loss: 260 ft
- Trail difficulty: Moderate
- Parking coordinates: 44.183016, -73.964047
- Parking lot fee required year-round.
- Backcountry camping available close to falls.
- Restrooms in parking area.
Photo: Johnathan Esper