Description: Cascading off the side of Giant Mountain, Roaring Brook Falls is one of the tallest waterfalls located within the Ausable River watershed and one of the tallest waterfalls in the area that can be seen from the road. While it can be seen on Route 73 as you head from Chapel Pond towards St. Huberts and Keene Valley, it is worth stopping and exploring the short trails that lead to the base and/or top of the falls. Visitors should be extremely cautious in this area, especially during high water, as there is a serious risk of injury or death if you lose your footing.
- Waterfall type: 290 ft free fall
- Total Distance: 0.8 miles (base), 1.2 miles (top)
- Maximum elevation gain/loss: 80 ft (base), 400 ft (top)
- Trail difficulty: Easy (base), Moderate (top)
- Parking coordinates: 44.150447, -73.767803
- Limited parking year round.
- View falls from short walk to base or hike to the top.
Photo: Brendan Wiltse